Bug List

Have you updated to the latest version (1.0.1)?

Undo and redo sometimes don’t work. Some drawings are not saved and i lose work. The app just closes. Has that to do with a cloud storage? Sometimes the app works fine for a while without those issues. Any it is a great app and I’m truly greatful for all those features that allows me to design something in no time. :+1:

1 Like

Hi there, yes I am on 1.0.1 the latest version and the undo bug is still happening.

Do you have an exact, step by step reproduction for this issue? We have been trying to reproduce this problem for a while, without any success, really frustrating :frowning:

Unfortunately the nature of the bug is very intermittent. Sometimes it does not happen for say 30 mins, followed by every minute. To reproduce is very difficult since it can happen at anytime regardless of what activity you perform. That’s why I think it has to do with the cloud storage. Once you loose the connection, the system seems not be able to sync and save the work space.

Same, I got my Iphone out and started recording and did everything I did 2 nights ago and nothing. Undo worked. (Sometimes I noticed I had to tap it a few times to get it to undo… But that’s normal, IMO…

I also noticed the my wife closed all the background apps so my theory is if it’s memory related. I am going to open a bunch of apps and try my workflow as soon as I can replicate it I am going to post a video.

The problem is probably that sometimes we fail to end some undo events, and that causes the undo queue to hang in a “currently doing undo” state. In this state we disable saving, and that’s why this undo and saving issue are related :frowning: I suspect that it is related to sketching, and we may not receive “pencil event ended” events, or something like that, but today I going to dig through all the codes that can cause this issue.

1 Like

I am having some issues right now with performing some operations that way I expected them to work. I would simply like to know if this behavior is the expected behavior or if I am encountering a real issue.

I have attached a screenshot depicting the issue. In summation, the problem I am experiencing is that only sketches that are aligned directly to the grid are considered ‘closed’ and can be used as an object for operations like loft. Worth noting as well is that if I create two closed sketches on different planes, only the sketch that is on the currently active workplane will show as closed. As soon as I switch the workplane (using the grid settings), the formerly closed sketch then becomes open and now any sketches that were open become closed if they intersect with current workplane.

Because of this, I am not exactly sure how to perform something like a loft.

I see what’s wrong, actually that’s a conceptual problem.

Currently we only fill the sketches that are on the grid. This is by design. The problem here is that even if you selected a filling for lofting, after changing the grid it will disappear.

By the way you can create any face of any object for lofting. You can also move/transform sketch fillings, that will create new faces, that can be used for lofts. You can also create a plane for sketching by extruding a line, and sketch on in, and use the created faces for lofting, etc.

Edit: I only noticed after upload that I forgot to remove the sound from the video, at least you can have a little sneak peek of the noises of the Shapr3D office :wink:

Ah I see! I guess the way I imagined it working based on other modeling software was sorta wrong. Thank you again sir.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Hello, I have had this happen twice so I thought it might be worth mentioning since it seems reproducible. After creating a loft my entire grid gets changed sometimes. As you may see below, the grid was aligned with the profile drawn below what is now a rotated and lofted version of it.

Furthermore, I have not been able to subtract these two shapes, the flat plane and the wing as pictured:

Here is the result:

Also the flat surface was not able to be extruded further even though I considered that moving its extents outside the boundary and removing a division in the middle of it, considering that making it one rather than two objects could help.

After finding that I was allowed to extrude them into boxes I deleted one half and then extruded the other so that it would cut my entire surface:

This worked but of course destroyed the other section that I would have had if the thin plane had worked:

I can see how slicing objects as I was attempting could be very valuable in this software. I remember the bug posted earlier about one side of the users line being greyed and his issues but do not know if this is different or related and could help identify a problem.

I am able to make the new extruded boxes very thin to allow the subtraction to work. And it does work whether I use one or two separate objects. I do not know if just dragging the extents of the former planes out further would perform the operation correctly because it will not allow me to for some reason, they seem to be constrained by the other object until they are extruded thicker. This operation would be much easier if the line had worked and that is why I am sharing it.

1 Like

Yes, that’s expected. Boolean operations currently only work with solids. To achieve the desired behaviour we will have to implement splitting operations, that would let us split solids with faces. That’s much desired feature, and it is on our roadmap.

1 Like

Ps.: but in many cases you will be able to work around the lack of splitting operation with the upcoming groups/layer feature, by duplicating layers, and applying boolean operations on them.

1 Like

I created a trial layout to play with the sweep function before using it on my project. Two of the lines would not delete from the layout. I went through the undo list and they would not go away. I extruded one and tried to delete the resulting object but those little “buggers” are stuck. :grin:

Yeah, we have seen this issue, but we are unable to reproduce it :frowning: We changed a lot of code in the last few days that could cause this, so hopefully with the next release this will be gone.

1 Like

Hello, I chose to model a small part of a project tonight in Shapr3D. When attempting to move a sketch around I was plagued with auto copies even though the copy function was set to no. Here is a screenshot:

That’s not a bug, but a feature :slight_smile: Unfortunately until now we have done a really poor job in explaining the concepts behind Shapr, but we are working on this.

Here is the explanation:

The problem here is that fillings (yellow) are special objects, that are automatically generated by sketches. Thus if you select a filling and transform it, we will have to copy it, because the original one has to stay where it is, because it is defined by the sketches. But if you select the wire and move it, it will work as any other object.

Consider the following case. The rectangle is a single wire, and it is splitted with the line, that results two separate fillings.

Now let us select and move the rectangle. Now the wire will be moved, and new fillings will be generated automatically (if the wires are moved on the grid):

But if I select the filling in the bottom and move it, it will create a copy of that filling, because fillings can not be moved, since they are automatically generated from other objects.

That’s actually a pretty nice behaviour, because it lets you create rather complex faces with fillings, and then you can simply move those, and loft them together or use them for whatever you want. Hope this makes sense.