Educational license

It’s great that we now have a new educational license for students.

I just wondered if this license would be renewable after a year as long as the student requirements were still met, given its description “EDU license (1 year of PRO access for free)” on the sign-up screen.

Yes it is renewable until you are a student.

How do we get that student license? It’s not an option offered directly from the iOS app.

Hi,

You can apply for the edu account from the app. See the video below.

Steps:

1. Open the app
  2. Tap in the bottom right corner
  3. Select the Go Pro menu
  4. Top right corner: “free for schools”
  5. Fill out all the info, attach an ID and accept the terms

We will receive your request, review it manually and in 1-2 days you’ll be notified via email if you get the EDU license. If we need more info, we’ll contact you via email also.

The license is valid for 365 days (1 year). Once that passes, you’ll have to prove that you are still a student. If you are, you’ll get another 365 days of pro access under the EDU license.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I will try that and hopefully soon enjoy the pro functionalities… Great!

Chefers,
Vincent

Hey um I really want to use Shapr3D but I don’t have enough money from my parents to pay for it so I was looking into the matter and I learned about educational licenses. While in the process of filling out my form I realized that my school didn’t give student IDs (i’m guessing thats because i’m in 6th grade) so I was wondering if there is any way I can get an educational license without a student ID?