Extrude through a curve path

How can I extrude a circle through a curve path?as a mater of fact I am trying to extrude a ring through the curve path. For example to draw a pipe curve.

If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the sweep function.

Watch this video:

Is this what you want to do?

Excellant tutorial Gabor :grinning:

Firstly, excellent tutorial — you showed me something, that I understood was impossible in one competitor’s software.

If you are able, and I would be incredibly grateful if you are, or anyone else for that matter — could you please have a look at the included dropbox image, and suggest how that ‘thread’ might be accomplished? Of course, the rest of the part is straightforward enough. Nevertheless, that ‘thread’ seems to get destroyed no matter how many times I try it.

On desktop applications, this is not straightforward, but doable — I was hoping to accomplish the same thing here.

Perhaps, if there were way to create an extruded ring, cut that circle, and stretch it around a cylinder, that would work — procedurally, I have no idea how.

Any help, any help at all — is fantastically appreciated!

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba2o93wrw22yu4m/Luer_Concept.jpeg?dl=0

Thank You!

We are currently working on a new tool that will make it super easy to create a thread / screw.

I’ll update you how we progress and when it’s going to be released.

Thank You!

1 Like

Robert, thank you for finding this video — it is exactly what I needed, and is doing precisely what I was trying to accomplish.

As Gabor suggested, they’re working on a new tool, and I just completed the above tutorial in a beta version of 3.0. Which, is wholesale amazing!

I’m very excited to see a tool that will easily allow me to create internal, and external threads!

Thank you again for your expert advice!

1 Like

Your welcome,
Really looking forward to working with the new version 3.0
Hoping it will be released soon!

//R