Feedback needed - battery time

Does it matter to you that Shapr sucks your batteries? How much would it matter if we significantly improved battery time?
It is really hard to get feedback on such things, so we would love to hear what you think.

1 Like

It is an issue!
It means for as much as we are dependent on Shapr and the many hours we spend in it we have to be plugged in!
Also to the point of when being out and about using it we’re forced to be conchious of wall outlets near by! :slight_smile:
But if fixing it Kent a whole new reworking of the backend and the introduction of numerious bugs we might lean towards more stable and faster application than energy efficient
That’s just our perspective! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shapr3D is usually fast enough I’m not using it long enough to worry about battery life honestly. I’d get more use out of features like helix tool, 3d curves, being able to import reference images, etc over battery life.

1 Like

So far I don’t think it’s an issue. I’d rather see focus on other parts of the program. I usually start working with a fairly full battery and IF I run out, it’s probably time to take a break.

3 Likes

I agree. I have never noticed an issue with the battery. As Apixel1234 mentioned, a low battery warning can be a good reminder to take a break.

At this point in the app, I’d prefer focusing on the little annoying bugs that still lurk around. In my mind, that hurts the experience more than battery efficiency. Once those bugs get ironed out, then focus on battery life and performance.

Just a thought…

2 Likes

Bug fixing and micro-improvements are our No1 focus now.

2 Likes

Dear Istvan,

Every improvement to do not waste energy and have more time to work are absolutely welcome!!!

I don’t think it’s a problem, most likely the charger is nearby :electric_plug:

Yeah I also don’t think that at the moment it is an issue. It seems not to me that Shapr3D drains the battery in a fast way.

If you can improve battery time than yes that would be amazing obviously.
More battery time more work time.

But as others stated in my studio or woodshop I have a power cable if needed.

Claas

2 Likes

Battery time has never been an issue for me ~ John

2 Likes

Hi…as per my knowledge low battery warning can be a good reminder to take a break.At this point in the app, I’d prefer focusing on the little annoying bugs that still lurk around. In my mind, that hurts the experience more than battery efficiency.

prototype printed circuit board assembly

I don’t have a problem with battery usage. Usually use S3D while sitting in an easy chair and have charger there. Am terrible demoing S3D unless I am in this chair. Go figure…

Best,

Tommy

Hi @PeggyLeon, what are the most annoying little bugs you have found? We are eager to fix them.

It’s not an issue for me. As others have said it’s a good reason to take a break.

Kind regards
Paul

Sidenote: this is a 2 years old thread, and we have fixed this since then.