Flat layout

I like this software. I would like to know if in the future the function “metal sheet” will be available. Would be possible to arrive to the flat layout starting from a formed shape? Thank-you in advance for your answer!

And we like you!

However, we don’t plan to add sheet metal to Shapr anytime soon.

I have tried to to the yearly subtraction today.
I’ m not sure if it worked out well. Could you please check?
Kindest regards
Luigi

Hi Luigi - yes, I can see your yearly subscription.

You can also check if you tap on Account in More Menu (right side on the bottom of your screen)

Hey Daniel, loving the program, thank you!

I am also wondering about the sheet metal option for laying out the project flat. Has this been added yet?

Thanks
Travis

1 Like

Hey Travis - no, this hasn’t been added yet and currently not among our priorities for this year

Posted to wrong thread

Daniel,

Any word on sheet metal work? Seems like there’s been a demand for it for a while.

@Scottyy it would be nice, as I have projects I want to have laser cut and bent to final shape using sendcutsend.com

I am able to send files to sendcutsend using Shapr3D.
Draw, modeled, laser cnc, assembled.

@McD true, I can send DXF to them with flat parts, but I have designs that I want to bend into shape after they’re cut. Sheet metal function takes a design and flattens it out automatically.

Btw, that’s a slick design you made. Can you show them in use, holding the bikes?

Edit: “can send DXF”

8 Harleys inside. Top deck shown with gray bike is old design.

4 Likes

@McD I dig that, similar to how Pitbull does their axle mounts without straps for sport bikes.

Is there sidecar loops under the primary on softails for the lock pin? What’s it going through?

Sorry, didn’t mean to derail this thread…

I PMd you.

1 Like

I am just wondering if this feature is on the roadmap yet. I have found a way to draw some things flat as they would be cut, but making the perfect cone shape with sheet metal I have not figured out. This feature would make it so much easier.
Thanks.

2 Likes