New version: 0.2.3

Just a quick note: sorry for the delay, we wanted to release the new version yesterday, but we had some issues during the last week, thus we had to delay it. We are going to release the new version as soon as possible, hopefully tomorrow.

1 Like

No problem - looking forward to trying it out

1 Like

Thanks for the update and all your efforts.

1 Like

We are with you, keep it up, great stuff!

1 Like

Any update on the new version? Just excited, that’s all… no rush…

John

1 Like

Only a few hours to go!

You have an hour and a half… that’s how long it takes me to get home…:relaxed:

Thanks Istvan!

1 Like

The new build will be available in 20 minutes.

New feature:

1. ORTHOGONAL CAMERA VIEWS! Double tap on a face or on the grid with the Pencil to switch to ortho view.
  2. Camera orientation feedback (top right corner)

Fixed an issue that caused hangs/crashes with some tools, especially with the sweep tool
Fixed many crashes in the offset tool
Fixed the move tool rendering problem
We fine tuned the click sound - now it does not sound like cracking your iPad’s screen :slight_smile:
Fixed many crashes in the freeform surface tool
Fixed an issue that caused problems when the freeform surface tool was cancelled
Fixed an issue that prevented pulling of some faces
Fixed a gazillion crashes related to fillets/chamfers. Maybe two gazillion. We did not count after a hundred.
We have completely revisited the UI code, thus got rid of tons of nasty issues.
Fixed an issue that could cause crashes during loading a workspace

Great job. Like the new orthogonal view and the little orientation help. Great additions.

The click sound is much better now :wink:

1 Like

Just had a quick go with update and really like the orthogonal view - going to make precision drawing much easier. Will give it a more thorough test later today - well done guys!

1 Like

Much more stable! Love the orthaganol view tool. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi there. Been using the updated software this afternoon (see pic) and it is working really well. The orthoganal view is great and I was able to get the proportions of the model right this time. The chamfer tool is working really well. I have chamfered every edge in this model. Offset seems much better, just had an issue with it on a part I had made using the revolve tool - will have another go at this and let you know.

What would have made building the model easier? Well copy and paste (yes I know its fun to make and chamfer wheel spokes - but 24 of them!). Being able to resize an object in relation to the rest of the objects would also be really useful. Being able to load a reference image would also be good. Would only need to appear when in orthogonal view from above - semi transparent image.

At some stage it would be great if you could add ability to render an image and output this - nothing fancy just a grey solid object image (preferably on transparent background and output as a png file) - but that’s just me being picky!

But I think you have done a great job with this update - you are really on to a winner here.

Best wishes.

Andy

2 Likes

I would love to see how you create something like this from start to finish! maybe a private youtube video or something? istivan? is there a good way to share video on this right now?

1 Like

I would be happy to see a video on this!

Really cool Andy, really cool!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I may have reached the limit in terms of file size with this model. I can’t get it to upload an stl file of the model to dropbox! I have uploaded a step file and it is just over 4MB - have a feeling the stl file is going to be really big! Never mind, it was great fun making it.

1 Like

A little addition to orthogonal views could be very helpful. Scenario: i start a new model, and want to sketch on front plane right away. Currently it is not possible. What it you make axis icon in top right corner interactive, and by taping on it you get a drop down menu with predefined orientations, like top, front, right etc.

2 Likes

That’s exactly how it will work, we just did not have time yet to implement it. :slightly_smiling: