Prevent auto-merge of shapes?

Hello,

I’m new to 3D modelling, so please excuse, if my question is stupid.

I watched all the tutorial videos now and think I understood everything. But I have a really hard time to figure out when Shapr3D merges shapes automatically together.

I create all my sketches like in the tutorial videos, then I create my first shape, rename the group, create and activate a new group (like mentioned in one of the tutorial videos), but then, if I create my second shape (which I create to substract it from the first one) shapr3d shows me “calculating” and if finished I have not two objects in two groups, but one in one group. So how to prevent this behaviour? Because I need two objects to subtract them from each other.

Thank you very much!

Ciao

alex

Hi Alex,

Can you post a video / screenshot of what you are trying to do?

Would be easier to understand what the problem is.

G

Tap on the label that shows the height of the extrusion. Then select the appropriate method from the 4 options on the top (fuse, cut, section, new object).

Thank you very much. That was exactly what I was looking for! :sunglasses:

Now I have another question: How can I find the reason, why an “Intersect” throws an “operation failed”?

A number of things can cause the intersection operation to fail. Please post some screenshots/videos or send me the workspace so I can take a look at it!