Shapr3d business model

You won’t be charged automatically with the higher price next year. Check you mails :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bummed I missed the summer deal. I checked out the buy screen and was dissapointed to see the $250.00 price. I agree with others, even though I am considering using it for commercial purposes I have not successfully implemented it into my workflow. Until I do I can not justify spending any amount on a subscription basis. If I could buy it for a set amount then I could invest in it and not feel the wasted time go by as I am busy doing the things that I already have implemented elsewhere. I did like the suggestion that we may be able to buy more workspaces, in fact I do not see how it would hurt you to have a $5.00 a month option that just gets us more or unlimited workspaces. Anyone that is using up more workspaces is going to grow Shapr3D digital assets of their own that will help them justify upgrading if even for just one month to export and take full advantage of their work. The freedom to experiment with more workspaces available is going to encourage implementation and make the software more familiar and invaluable. I can say that I really appreciate that you do not cripple the software and limit important features. I can say that seems to be a huge mistake as many people will not bother to pay for even one month to see what the software can truly do; certainly not a good way to put your best foot forward. I hope I get an E-mail from you the next time you have a promotion. In the meanwhile I will try again to create something worth needing a higher quality export for, which BTW would be easier to do with more workspaces.

You didn’t miss it. You just haven’t updated the app. It is still $99. Go to the app store and update it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay I’m tempted. Specially with a week to screw around with it. When the subscription is up I understand the loss of export functionality but do I get to keep my workspaces?

Yes, you will be able to access them, and even edit them. Only the export functionality will be locked, and of course you win’t be able to create new workspaces. But nany more pro features are around the corner.

1 Like

The Parasolid implementation suits me well :blush: my Vectorworks has it inside and it’s a huge step forward, as it’s one of the two best 3d modelling engines out there (this and Catia).

I’ve come to a method of implementing Shapr models for my work: i import any format and convert it to generic solid. From that i can generate floor plans and walls :sunglasses:
Thanks for the great work, guys.
Rob

2 Likes