As some of you might know, we’ve been grinding away the past several months to build a version of Shapr3D for Windows users.
Well… it’s time we raise the curtain and unveil the Early Access release of our app for Windows.
So, this means that Shapr3D for Windows is available to everyone. It’s a stable build that we’re fully committed to supporting. This Windows version does not contain all features offered in Shapr3D for iPad and Mac, but we plan to implement all features by the end of this year. FYI, the licensing terms for our iPad and Mac versions also apply to this Early Access and we’ll maintain forward compatibility with upcoming versions, cross-platform.
If you haven’t already installed the app, go to the Microsoft Store and download it now! All you need is a device that runs on Windows 10 (2004 or later).
Here’s a roundup of what you can find in this Early Access version:
- Core modeling functionality with the same usability we have on other platforms
- Intuitive sketching and modeling experience with the mouse or tablet pen
- Onboarding tutorial that covers the basics of sketching and modeling
- Production-grade engineering drawings, a.k.a. 2D drawings
- Browser-based login for the app
And keep your eyes peeled, because we’re working hard on bringing a couple more features that are already available on other platforms:
- More onboarding and in-app tutorials
- Localization: traditional and simplified Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Customized user interface for left-handed users
- Keyboard-based command search
- Customization of exports and imports — beyond choosing the file name
- Support for 3Dconnexion’s SpaceMouse
Note: Certain features, including 2D drawings, are tied to paid plans — see our Pricing page for details. All Shapr3D subscriptions can be used simultaneously on Windows, Mac, and iPad.
By the way, if you’re using an ARM-based device, don’t forget to install the x86 version of Visual C++ Redistributable Packages to import and export in all supported formats. Follow this link to download: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center.
Give this app version a whirl and let us know what you think. We want to hear all your thoughts — the good and bad — so we can keep sharpening up the app.