Solved - Alignment help

Update from Shapr3d team:
We have just released the new 3d alignment tool feature with the 3.52 app version :partying_face:
This will allow you to simply tap on the body faces to get them snapped together.

Simply update the app and please share your feedback with us.
Here are more details about the feature:

I am looking for the best way to move the board on the right over to align with the center of the slats. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Have you tried the translate tool?

I have, but I don’t see any way to align to the middle of the slats. I had to end up eyeballing it

The translate tool should snap to center points (or line mid points, rectangular face centers etc.), does that help?

It often times will not snap to the center, or, looks like it has, but has not, as in the first attempt in this video. That also doesn’t help with vertical alignment. I’m wondering if there’s a better way I’m missing

Video:

I also have a weird occurrence.

I draw a line and fix/lock one end and I tried to translate the free end to another location NOT in same plane. the free end got translated properly BUT the other end that I fixed, moved with the line when translating.

Can you post a screenshot?

Hi there. I have a similar query. Is it possible to extrude the face of a cylinder so that it is the same height as the face of another cylinder? I’d like to drag one face and have it stop by referencing another face so that both faces are flush. In other programs it’s a snap to feature. Unfortunately I can’t use translate as there are no points or corners to reference.

Thanks!

So the easiest way is to use the replace face tool:

Many thanks!

But I must note that we are working on snapping improvements like crazy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s great to hear!