We don’t need to discuss why and why here.
I’ve been working with CAD and CAM programs for two decades.
I drew 3D parts with surfaces +20 years ago because there were practically no solid modelers.
I program 5 axis milling machines, 8 axis lathes, various other CNC machines.
We use various software here:
Solidwork, Solidcam, Mastercam, Radan, Autocad, Inventor, ViaCad etc.
I only use Shapr3D for fun for very simple constructions.
And even then I get annoyed with things that are a matter of course for any good CAD program:
- Chamfers and rounding in sketches also for 2D elements
- Free scaling in X, Y and Z
- Customizable mouse navigation
- Customizable buttons
- Use the input field as a calculator
- Creation of 3D bodies using one or more 3D guide curves Completed
- Tool for springs and threads, also conical
- Customizable title block in the drawing derivation
As long as such basic functions do not exist or work, I cannot look at this CAD as a professional.