I have been working on this R/C Helicopter some more. I have tweaked some of the parts with Shapr3D.
I have also imported this into Fusion 360 and added some Nuts, Bolts and threads to give a more complete look. I have also rendered it using Fusion 360 to give an example of what this would look like if it were to ever be sent out for manufacture and testing. Currently there are no plans for this, this model is just for me to practice modeling in 3D.
Here is a screenshot showing some of the new work that I have completed using Shapr3D. I have the rough shape of the frame done (it will change as the model evolves). I have the front electronics tray in place. I also added some screws to hold the bearing blocks to the frame and some on the head. As time goes on I will replace all the fake screws.
Very nice work Dennis!
Looks like you’ll love to see an “Explode” feature too, am I right?
Yes, would absolutely love to see that at some point.
Here is another update on this project. I have replaced all fake screws and nuts with modeled ones. I’ve also added threads to the rods and any hole that required threads. The nuts, bolts and threads were completed using Fusion 360.
I have also modeled the servo motor trays and fixed the holes to mount them. Here are a couple screenshots. Notice the trays were hollowed out using the shell feature. This along with all solid bodies was modeled with Shapr3D.
Here is another quick update. The battery tray is now modeled and in place. I also made some aesthetic changes to the tray above it. Screws have also been added.
I have now added a few servo motors and a swash plate guide at the top. The servos are rough models but with some detail including the output gear. Here are a few screenshots.
Here are 4 more screen shots with progress. Now the motor mount is in its rough place. We have landing skid mounts as well with some frame spacers. Also added some rubber supports to the servos, just like if it were the real install.
And one more just to show the whole model up to now.
As mentioned before things may change as the model evolves. Modeling other parts may move the location of some of these parts. This is mostly because I am modeling it without any diagram, but using lots of images and parts as examples when I can.
Now we have the fan shroud for directing air flow over the head of the motor to help with cooling.
As with all previous parts, this is subject to change as the model evolves.
I have now modeled the clutch bell, clutch liner, magnets and bearing. The bearing is just outside dimensions for visual reference only.
NOTE: The threads were added with Fusion 360. Everything else was completed with
As I was working on a couple more parts for that clutch bell I realized it was in the wrong location. It belongs above the fan shroud as the fan belongs there. So I assembled the new parts and updated the approximate location. Here are a few screen shots of it with the additional parts and it’s new location.
I modeled the starter coupler today. It’s a bit hard to see it in the assembly, so I have a couple screenshot of it out of the helicopter. Next will the bearing block assembly that holds it in place to the frames and gear.
NOTE: As with the parts before, I modeled the threads with Fusion 360. All other modeling has been with Shapr3D. The set screws were also modeled with Shapr3D and threads added via Fusion 360.
Hi,what is this, man?
@one When complete it will be a model of a Remote Controlled Helicopter. I used to competition fly, so I have a huge interest in them. I no longer fly them, it’s been at least 6 years since I have flown one at all. But it will look something like the one below.
This is probably one of the best pictures I have of me flying one of my machines. I had over 72 of them over the course of 10 or so years. I still have 4 and two are pretty much ready to fly. This one is an all electric model that I was hovering up side down low to the ground for a photo.
I modeled the remaining bearing block for the clutch bell assembly and have it placed in the frame. Here are a few views with the frame split so you can see the inner components all together.