R/C Helicopter project

Fuel tank is now modeled and located in the frame. Have the tank hollowed out with the shell feature. Rubber mounts to prevent moving around and damaging the tank from vibrations. The top of the tank has a pressure inlet and the side of the tank has the feed for the motor. I still need to add the fuel tube adapter to allow a feed line to be connected.

I will now add servo motors for the throttle and tail rotor.

Great progress, keep us posted.

Here I have added the Throttle Servo as well as the Tail Rotor Servo. They are in their approximate locations and it is possible they could move as the model evolves.

Over the last two days I exported all parts and imported then into Fusion 360. I then aligned all parts and added colors that closely represent how this model may look if it were real. I then rendered them for only a short amount of time (10 minutes max) just to get some rough lifelike images.

Maybe once I fully align the parts properly I will spend the time for a high quality render. For now here are a couple images. I will also get a couple close up renders for the next post.

100% Designed with Shapr3D and rendered with Fusion 360.

Here are two close up renders, I let these ones run for about 25 minutes to bring the detail up some. The bottom image gives a good view of the motor mount, fuel tank and servo motor. The fuel tank is translucent and has a pink shade to it. The reason I went with the pink is the fuel is pink, so it almost looks as thought it has fuel in it. I have one more closeup rendering to show the vent on the top of the tank. I’ll add it to this post when it completes.

UPDATE: The 4th image has been added.

Excellent work.
Best wishes
Paul

Thank you, much appreciated.

Here we have a few small items modeled. I modeled the front and rear canopy mounting posts, there are some oval tabs that they mount too, the idea is in a crash the tabs would fold and break rather than break the frame.

Also modeled are the bluish/purple parts on each servo. These are mounting tabs so that the screws won’t pull through the rubber grommets/mounts.

As before, these parts are positioned where I believe they will go, this may change as the model evolves.

Awesome thread. I wanna see this printed…

Thank you. At this time I have no intentions to print it, but who knows. It might be an option at a later date.

Maybe when it’s 100% complete I will share the STL files like I did with the hexabot. Problem is I have seen over 250 downloads but not one printed robot.

For anyone wondering, the fasteners are downloaded in step format from McMaster.com, and any mating parts that have threads, those parts were imported into Fusion 360, threads added, then exported back out and brought back into Shapr3D.

All modeling is done with Shapr3D. For the renderings I am using Fusion 360 on a Custom PC.

Here are the Specs of the custom built PC:

• Corsair Graphite Series 780T
  • ASUS ROG Rampage VI Apex
  • Intel Core i9-7900X (OC’ed to 4.6 GHz) 10 Core
  • Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR 64GB
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID, 11GB
  • 2 x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
  • 500GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
  • Corsair HX1200 Watt PSU
  • Windows 10 Pro x64

I have now added the remaining screws that I left out. I have also model a small capture nut/plate that the servo screws tighten up to. These pieces have have a nub on them that catches a hole in the frame to assist with centering and tightening up the bolts.

Here we have the elevator controls modeled and installed in its approximate location. It has a max of 21 degrees of movement in both directions (up or down). Here are a few screen shots.

Note: As stated before, threads are modeled with Fusion 360, all other work is done with Shapr3D. The model may also change as it evolves.

Very nice pics. :slightly_smiling_face::ok_hand:

Thank you, much appreciated.

I appreciate the input. This was one of my very first parts and at the time I was luck to even get this much done.

But, now that you point it out and remind me of it, maybe I will remodel the gears once I complete the rest of the project. I think it will look much better that way.

I am always looking for feedback that helps me improve.

Agree with you on getting sth out of the first try LOL it’s really nice and magical with such a revolutionary app like Shapr3D.
Maybe not much important for your especial final product but generally they will be mechanically fatigued over time on critical assemblies.

Here is a quick look at what I have been working on. It’s almost ready to add to the helicopter. Once I get this complete, I believe I will be ready to start on the tail parts.

UPDATE: I got the parts into the model in there approximate location. Getting so close to finishing this portion of the model.

I just have servo links from the motor to the bell cranks. Some misc. adjustments. Then I can start the tail.

I am now working on some of the remaining links from the servos to the bell crank assembly I just did. Here is an example of this on the left side of the helicopter. I will add the links from the right side when I am complete.

UPDATE: 2nd photo has been added with the links from the right side.