Shapr3D and Shaper origin

I’m new to computer design and CNC. However I’m not new to carpentry and work as a professional finish and trim carpenter. Thus far I’ve done everything in my career using conventional and traditional tools.

I’ve downloaded the free trial version of Shapr3D and have already decided that I will be purchasing a shaper origin sometime in the near future. As I said before I’m new to computer design and cad, cnc so I’m trying to find a system that’s as user friendly as possible.

I saw that for awhile there were some issues getting Shapr3D to upload svg files for the shaper origin but the thread just seems to end without a described resolution to the issues. In light of that I wanted to see what the community says about this:

Are designs from Shapr3D uploading into the shaper origin efficiently now? Are the shaper origin users here happy with Shapr3D?

Thanks everyone

2 Likes

Hi @Matt80212 Shapr3D->Shaper Origin workflow is fully supported, so even if you run into any glitches, we will fix them.

2 Likes

Hi Istvan,
I have to say that Shapr3D on an iPad seems like ideal solution for the Shaper Origin, given that both can be used on the job.

However there is not a full support of the Shaper Origin workflow. Still some kind of vector app is needed for post-processing of the SVG file.

Shapr3D has coloring option but this is not reflected in the SVG export. And if we want to add information for inside/outside cut post processing is needed.

Using the full resolution creates too many nodes/points and Shaper Origin is having processing issues. Lowering the resolution helps but the lines have sharp edges and post processing is needed.

Also it would be nice if the app would remember DPI setting. Shaper Origin expects 72 DPI and default is 96.

I really enjoy using Shapr3d and if you could spend bit more time on the SVG export then it would be the ultimate design tool for Shaper Origin.

Best regards,
Lukas

1 Like

True, but we don’t have sketch colors. That would be needed to support colors in the SVG export. Thanks for the feedback, all good points.

Istvan_CEO_Shapr3D

I am also new to Shapr3D and love the iPad interface, this CNC software is so intuitive to a newbie like myself.
After reading your response to LukasB I am left wondering if Shapr3D will pursue development of a seamless SVG export, with Shaper origin similar to Adobe Illustrator?
I have attempted to use AI, while a highly regarded software in its on, I don’t connect with it like Shapr3D.

Regards

Hello. I’m currently on my free trial for Shapr3d and really enjoying it, though my main reason for using would be to be able to create designs and export SVG’s for shaper origin. I’m currently having issues whereby the exported SVG file is not joining paths correctly.

Is there is known resolution to this ?

(There was also the scaling issue, which is remedied by changing the dpi to 72.)

Many thanks
Jack

Maybe Shapr3D and Shaper Origin could collaborate to build this functionality similar to what Shaper Origin did for Fusion 360?