Solved - Snap To or Alignment, Positioning Guides

Update from Shapr3d team:
We have just released the new 3d alignment tool feature with the 3.52 app version :partying_face:
This will allow you to simply tap on the body faces to get them snapped together.

Simply update the app and please share your feedback with us.
Here are more details about the feature:

please please would you consider either a snap-to function so elements can line up to each other and/or an indicator that allows us to know when lines/elements match up, become tangent with other elements? (This follows up on my May '17 “Alignment & Positioning Thoughts” with diagrams)… OR… maybe there is some other function that I’m not aware of that will achieve this… An example… I’m drawing the Parthenon… and I started with the roof (for some reason)… now I want to draw the pillars below and have them stop exactly where the roof line starts… Thank you for listening!

I agree, this is a very sore spot for me, as well. When trying to use the translate tool, for instance, it’s supposed to snap to the center of a circle (though not to other shapes), and when I try, it often doesn’t, and I’m left with shapes that are 0.006 mm off, or some tiny value.

My understanding is that some kind of improvement/solution is in the works.

1 Like

I have good news guys, snapping is our next task down the road. After finalizing the new sketch engine, we start to develop sketch snappings with visible guidelines and guide points.

5 Likes

Yippee! Thank you!