Text on a curve

I’d love to have more options for text control. I definitely don’t expect my modeller to be everything to everyone, but if I could draw an arc or ellipse and type to that, plus orient which way the text bends, that would be sweet. Illustrator allows this functionality, and a less widely known application for MacOS, called Acorn, does a really sweet implementation of it that doesn’t appear intensive. Procreates method I find clunky and basically a different aim altogether, one of the features of that app I don’t like. Just being able to project to a planar surface and engrave or emboss is by itself a much appreciated feature. But if the team pushes out the text features more that will really allow for some great results. Thanks for this new text feature, it’s pretty fun and I’ve already experimented with some wild imported fonts.

1 Like

I agree. I’m hopefull that the text features will be improved. I would welcome a tighter integration through collabortation with the team at Serif and there Affinity apps (Desiger in particular) Welcome to the Shapr3D forum!

I am also looking forward to the early improvement of the text function, so that I can input text according to the arc or circular path in Shapr3D. Instead of importing and using it through third-party software as it is now.

1 Like