Unable to export as STL file

h076b np-fw50 reverse.shapr (6.5 MB)
I have re-edited a file I created some time back which I had exported as a Shapr file AND as an STL file. However when I re-edit (I ported as Shapr file) it I can export it as a Shapr file again. But I am unable to export as an STL file.

I receive and error which says nothing has changed and then an indefinite spinning wheel and have to close the app and restart to continue.

Even if I import into a new session the file I had just exported (as the Shapr file) I am Still unable to export to STL.

Any suggestions on how this may be fixed?

Cheers
Kim

Hi Kim, there are quite a number of invalid faces on the model and that’s the reason the STL file format export fails.
Here’s an example of one of the faces:

I have tried to fix the design but the issue persists as I find more invalid faces
Please give us some time to see if we can help fix the model

Thanks Victor.

The original model was imported by way of a Thingiverse stl file conversion into a mesh tool (don’t remember which), into shapr.

But I am intrigued as to why it fails this time around, when the only changes were to delete the parts I added last time and re add them on the opposite side.

But this was done pre the availability of the STL import capability. So I might retry it by directly importing the STL file now and then adding my extra bits.

I’ll do that now and that should save you a fair bit of mucking about (hadn’t thought about that earlier).

Cheers,

Kim Shapley

kshapley@bigpond.net.au

Thanks Victor,

Importing now with the original Thingiverse STL file worked fine (instead of the converted mesh). I can modify and save OK as an STL again.

Cheers,

Kim Shapley

kshapley@bigpond.net.au

Hi Kim, it’s great to know that it works now.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.