Force snapping?

I’m using the Beta 5.490.0

I’d like to insert a plane through 3 points, and I’d like to be able to snap to end points of a cube. Is there anyway to force snapping on? The points that I place are close, but not exactly “on” the end points of the cube…

Thanks,

Mike…

Hey @mikeschn, yes the interaction for defining vertices is not very accurate at the moment. We are working on it right now, improvement is expected in a few weeks.

2 Likes

Thanks @Matyi

When you add snapping points, can you include quadrant points of a circle? and intersection points?

Thanks

Mike…

In similar cases, I usually draw circles in the desired places so that the white dot jumps into place

1 Like

Just to clarify: you can already snap the anchor points for the plane precisely to the corners, it just requires a bit more clicks/taps. You should place the points nearby to where you’d want to place them and then refine the placement via dragging. During dragging, they will snap precisely to edges, corners and other elements, and that association is maintained over design history changes as well:

What we’ll improve is that this snapping will be possible right away during the first placement of the points, and we’ll also add better visualization and more possibilities to snap to important points like midpoints, face centerpoints etc.

4 Likes

Hello Peter, That’s a good video! You really should make more of this short tutorials to show all the great possibilites of Shapr3D.

2 Likes