Inserted Step file

I inserted a step file and pretty much everything came in ok except one of the parts shows in the items list as RED color where the name is. Can anyone explain why it is showing “RED” color in the name of it because it looks like it came in ok I was just wondering if that would affect my design down the road someday. (here is a picture)

Thank you.

Hi @danno11

I suspect that the name turns red when shapr3D computes something tendentious in the geometry.
It can be related to excessive surface curvature or zero width bodies.
In the video bellow, the body’s name turns red when I twist the part by 120 degrees, which generates huge deformation on the surface. At 110° rotation, the part’s name is black.

PEC

PEC, that’s a great word to describe it. I’m not certain how well it will translate for some others…
Great explanation too!

I did get it fixed it was actually one fillet radius that did not come in correctly and that is what the issue. But it sucks that I had to export that part back to a Step file and import it into a different cad software that could fix the radius then import it back into Shapr3d it would be nice if S3D had some sort of way to fix these small problems areas. Maybe later as the software progresses.

Thank for the help.