Piper PA-28

6 Likes

I assume no chance of getting the Shapr3D project file. I understand if you don’t want to share.

Why you decide it? WelcomePiper PA-28.shapr|attachment (4.2 MB)

Thank you. That is awesome

Can you show me your version of your coloring?

yes, after I color it I will share it with you

Hard to see the plane but here is a flight I did along Chicago Lake Shore not too long ago. You can pan around to sort of see the plane. Flight along Chicago's Lake Front - YouTube

1 Like

Well done! :+1::+1::+1:

Nice work… I learned to fly in this type. Now considering a PA-46.

Best,

Tommy

2 Likes

@Antey85

I used the new “Drawings” feature of Shapr3D to generate a 2D view of your PA28 model. Then traced that as 2D to make a card that can be assembled. Still doing some tweaking so it can be reliably printed.

I assume you would not be opposed to me sticking this in Thingiverse once it is done if I link back here for attribution. I would be happy to send you a couple once it is finished if you DM your address to me.

Super low resolution early print

4 Likes

@Yepher What is the filament type you used?

That print is either PLA+ or PETG can’t remember. But final version will be PETG. The terrible lines are because I forgot the wings were at an angle so it was actually printing some of the first layer slightly off the print bed.

Would be better to make it with cardboard or corkboard or any light weight material.
Using laser cutter or cnc.
But amazing work. :smiley: :+1:

Yea, have been seriously considering getting a laser cutter. But struggling to digest all my existing hobbies at the moment.

1 Like