4 serious problems w/ 5.571.0.6622

macOS Sonoma 14.3.1
I click on a sketch and the main section of the screen goes grey and a round spinner appears near the top. It never finishes spinning. I left it going for well over 30 mins.

Not always, just… sometimes. But I don’t think i can go more than 15mins of normal use before it happens.

Also saw it glitch in the form of refusing to select the area described by a rectangular sketch piece. It’d immediately unselect.

Also saw it refuse to let me rename an extrusion in history. You’d choose rename, I’d see a rounded rectangle around the text (excessively rounded on the sides). It would not turn into a white background text field for me to type in. It would then immediately revert to original state.

Also, keeps loosing things i’ve done. I think this is NOT just limited to the hanging situation. It’s lost an entire sketch that i’d completed andmoved on from.

UPDATE:

• rolled back to 5.570.0.6605, & its still hanging
  • restarted, opened it up, clicked the face of an object… insta-hang.
2 Likes

Hi
I experimented the same issue with renaming history steps on various versions (5.560 and at least the next one) on macOS 12.5, on my MacBook Air m1. It happened after renaming many steps (about 30 steps).
Closing and reopening the workspace (not the app) solved it for the next 30 renamings.

In case it helps, here’s a screenshot of the click to hang / spinner issue.

Also, I’ve confirmed that it happens with my computer offline and online. I tried quitting Shapr3D, toggling network connectivity, restarting Shapr3D. Didn’t make a difference.

side note: the literal 1 minute wait for the process to die after quitting the app is even more maddening when trying to debug stuff like this (or install downloaded upgrades). if you don’t wait it just reopens and you start the timer all over.

Experienced forever spinner then using breakpoint. 100% reproducible in every project.

Hello!

For any performance concerns, please share the Shapr3D designs with us for examination. Thanks!

I did.

I’m having the same issue. I can get around it by just suppressing the later steps, but as the design gets larger, doing so becomes more and more time intensive.

5.572.0 (6640) - forever spinner was fixed.

3 Likes

confirmed 5.572.0 (6640) fixed it for me too.

Hooray :tada: and thanks devs.

1 Like