5.630 - Create unlinked copies of bodies

It’s definitely frustrating. Especially when the response you get effectively is “ok yeah so just do it this way instead”

I formally articulated a proposed solution in another thread which has received ZERO follow-up.

I can only assume that we are at the point where customer concerns are only listened to if they align with the vision the company has for the product going forward, which up until recently seemed to take a strong lead from customer feedback. Which is what happens with a lot of companies.

I understand that you have to be selective with what you choose to work on. And sometimes see your way through unpopular changes that will turn out popular in the end. Like parametric modeling. But there is nothing about taking what is intuitive and quick and making things disappear without warning and requiring extra steps that will ever turn out popular.

We started out with a great product that made 3D modeling so much easier and quicker. That seemed to be one of the most defining aspects of it, and was what drew a LOT of people in, and it became truly great because people were willing to test and give feedback. And they listened, and displayed a sense of urgency.

Now the urgency and attention seems to only exist where it aligns with THEIR goals for the product that WE pay for. The reason Shapr3D exists is because other programs made things too difficult and slow and unintuitive. If this continues it will only be a matter of time before someone comes out with something new, which I would hate for it to reach that point because Shapr3D is so good.

Just stop fiddling with it where nothing is wrong. :smiley:

1 Like