5.660 - Invite and collaborate with Teamspace

Teamspace is finally here, along with enhancements designed to make your workflow more efficient.

• New: Now you can invite members and collaborate using the new Teamspace in the Dashboard.
  • Improved: The History sidebar button now alerts you with an error warning symbol, notifying you of Design History errors even when the sidebar is closed.
  • Improved: The adaptive menu now adapts to screen height, only using the ‘More’ menu if all options can’t fit within the window.
  • Improved: Now you can turn off geometry and texture compression for GLB exports, enhancing compatibility with other applications.
  • Improved: The Trim tool now stays active until you exit sketching or press Escape, allowing you to continue trimming sketches even when clicking or tapping away.

Check out these new updates and share your thoughts in the comments below.

1 Like

Can you explain exactly how to use the Teamspace because from what I understand it may want to add another user charge to it if the person being added is not a Shapr3d user. Just a quick explanation would help.

Thank you

Hi @danno11 ,

You can create Private designs or Teamspace designs. Private designs are only accessible to you. Your team members will access the Teamspace designs, they can view and edit them. Does this make sense?

That part make sense but the only people you can invite are Shapr3d users with a Shapr3d subscription, Correct.

Thank you

At the time of the invite, the user doesn’t have to have a Shapr3D account or subscription. In the invite flow you can add them to your team, and activate a subscription for them. If you invite someone to your team, the team member’s subscription will belong to you.

When you say the team member’s subscription will belong to me does that mean that I will be paying for their subscription or could they just apply for a Shapr3d free subscription and use that as a viewer to look at the design for collaboration purposes.

Thank you

Yes

We don’t have viewer seats yet.

Istvan that answers my questions, thank you for your quick response.

1 Like

For viewers I encourage you to use the web sharing functionality of Shapr3D. You can share 3D models and drawings using a weblink, that anyone can open using a browser, without having Shapr3D installed.

Does this update fix the issue where projects are corrupted at random? I recall this to be the version that was said to fix the issue.

Hello @Istvan I would like to ask you if you have plan to repair project tool? Because in this time when I project something on the curve model for example cylinder, the projected sketch is deformed on the curve face

We have delivered many bugfixes in this release, and more to come in 5.670.