5.710 - History sidebar updates

Check out the latest improvements to the History sidebar, along with a fix for image opacity.

• Improved: Double-clicking or tapping on a History step now preserves subsequent steps, preventing unintentional breakpoints.
  • Improved: Imported steps in History now display the file name instead of the default “Import” label.
  • Fixed: Images no longer revert to 100% opacity on hover.

Try these updates and share your feedback below!

3 Likes

Thanks for this update :slight_smile:
it’s OK for me.

is there ever going to be an option to display history from current to oldest, instead of just oldest to current? I hate having to scroll all the way down on a large model to get to the last operation to make a single change in dialog box for that operation.

This simple change would greatly speed workflow

When you decide to go another direction and create a breakpoint, this is especially tedious if the change is 300 steps down, and then you want to move the breakpoint a few steps. I can see that the programmers would have to scratch their heads as to how to do this elegantly. They could always just have the history collapse into the breakpoint and a simple hover over it expands it back until the breakpoint is removed.

But if this is just too complex to accomplish right now, you could have the history keep the last operation/breakpoint always visible in the list so there isn’t so much scrolling all the time.

Also, (sorry) I would like an option to delete after breakpoint, which permanently removes history after the breakpoint

2 Likes

Thanks for update

@Messages4alex Your points are great and it will help a lot and save so much time.

Also would be nice to introduce folders in history. So i can collapse some steps in the folder to have tidy history, and than i can suppress all steps contained in that folder.

Importing x_t files with the actual name has been a very welcome improvement :slight_smile: