An idea I had to memorialize our dogs

So, over the last 23 years, my husband and I have had 4 amazing, truly awesome dogs. Last month, we had to say goodbye to the 3rd canine companion, Pinky. Our baby girl was 17, and all of our pets lived long lives for their sizes, with the shortest (a Rottweiler mix) gracing our lives for 7 of his 14 years. We have a shelf with all of their ashes, but the lovely wooden boxes only have their names. I wanted a way to be reminded of everything wonderful about them when I glanced at the shelf, so I thought of pre-photography-era silhouettes, and realized that they might work well for something I could 3d print. I found photos of each of their heads, distinctly “them”, and created the silhouette in PixelMator, then used SuperVectorizer to turn it into a line drawing. Importing the dxf into Shapr3d, I tweaked a few lines, made a 3mm thick slab with their names and years in raised lettering, and a few “stands” to display them. Here’s the result:

3 Likes

That’s a really nice tribute. You obviously took.very good care of your dogs for them to lived long lives.

1 Like