Cant create multiple copies around an axis

I am trying to copy multiple instance of a bolt around a circular shape. in the tutorials it shows this easily being done with each instance of the bolt being created at 90º, 180º etc. when I do this I manage the first one at 90º but when I try to create the second at 180º it moves the one at 90º just created. If I hit enter it is fixed but then i have to redrag my rotation point and do it again - so not behaving as it does in the tutorial.
Note -tutorial is on an iPad and I am using desktop macOS version. Am I doing it wrong or is there a difference between the iOS and desktop versions?

You are most likely running the new history-based version that’s being rolled out to new users these weeks. If you have a step history on the right side of your screen (maybe accessible via a clock-like icon if it’s closed), you are. A few things work slightly different from how they did before and we haven’t updated all tutorials yet. Creating multiple copies is one of those changes.

If you want multiple copies, check out the Pattern tool! It achieves the same thing but can be adjusted much better later on from the step history.