Rotate or Move and create X copies

I’m new to Shapr and have gotten stuck on trying to do something I’m use to doing in another application. I’ve searched the forms and gone thru the Tutorials. So either this is not a feature or it’s not documented?

I grap an object (in this case it’s a hook) and I am trying to rotating it around an axis (the center of a platform). I can do this for 1, but I need it to be 10 times.
So, I grab my hook object and rotate it along my platform 12 degrees. Thats ok, but I’m looking for it to do that same operation another 10 times.

The only option I’ve found so far is to take 1 and make 2. Then drag 2 to make 4, and so on. Is it possible to just put in a x10 somewhere?

I’m also running into this same thing with making Move copies. I want to create a fence. But the only option I see is to double the selection of pickets. Not an option to make 50 pickets.

Thanks!

Currently you can’t set the number of copies. However, an array tool is on the roadmap, and we will hopefully ship it by the end of this year.

1 Like

Has this capability been created yet? My father and I are working on a circular array and need a system to be copied 60 times around the circle. Do you have any suggestions on how we can do this? We can move it once using the “rotate around axis” feature but when we go to move it again, it just moves the one we already placed and we are not able to create another copy of the system after we have already created one copy.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi,
as far as i know, the array funtionality is not there yet. But couldn’t you just copy the first item one time and than select not only the copy but the two items and copy those? If you copy that you have already 4, than again the same step and you will have 8, 16, 32, 64. Then you delete just the 4 that you don’t need. Would that be an option?

Won’t cut it if you have to deal with multiple arrays, the array tool would cut human error and speed up design.

1 Like

Is this still in the roadmap?

1 Like