Colored tool icons, please

The problem that this feature will solve:

I would really like to request that the icons have some added color…did we have this before the most recent major update? There is something different about this new version that makes it VERY difficult to tell the difference between all the tools, and I think that the previous version had some basic color.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

It will make it easier for both new users and longtime users to be able to tell the difference. There are a lot of icons and tools…I’ve been using it now for about three years, and on this version, I’m having real difficulty finding the tools I used to be able to locate quickly. The only way I can tell most tools apart from each other now is to hover and READ the names to the right side. Most of us are probably creatives…this program is creative. COLOR will help us be more efficient.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

It’s slowing me down, and making it FAR more difficult to teach. On an overhead projector, it’s especially difficult for new students to be able to tell the tools apart.

I’ve enclosed the toolbar from SketchUp for comparison. Even adding a little color makes it easier to tell the tools apart.

2 Likes