Ability to color sketches

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

The problem that this feature will solve:
You would be able to disambiguate between multiple sketches in parallel planes.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:
I would like to be able to set the color of a sketch so that I can have several related sketches on yet know which is which.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?
When you have multiple sketches in parallel planes, it becomes very difficult to tell what is in your current sketch.

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?
Yes, this makes the limited screenspace of an iPad Pro confusing, as you have to turn on and off various sketches in order to get clarity.

1 Like

That would be nice.

1 Like

As outlined by myself and a large number of users in other threads the ability to easily colourise objects seems to be a common request.

While I haven’t seen the idea of actually setting and sketching from scratch in various colours ( as opposed to colourizing a sketch that has been commenced ) I would support this concept of starting object sketches with user defined colours. It achieves a similar outcome as the often requested ability to easily colourise objects without going through the complex path currently required in the Visualise menu.

In Turbocad they had a panel where you could control each sketches line weight, colour, and style all from one place. Also hatching comes into play here too but I haven’t checked if Shapr3D has that or not - I’d suspect not. But Turboocad is one of those spectacularly busy interfaces with millions of icons which can be a bit over-whelming. So it’s interesting to see how Shapr3D will continue to keep the interface simple and clean but bring increasingly more drawing tools to our fingertips which the product needs.

Are we talking about the lines? I’d love to recolour the drawn lines.

1 Like

Yeah why not. I don’t see why Shapr3d should be limiting us any kind of usability when it comes to sketching. Sketching’s a critical part of the whole process.and anything that makes it easier and clearer should get green light in my opinion…

I am looking forward to seeing this tool rapidly develop over the next year.