Create parameters in Beta

Hi, everyone! I use Shapr3d to model custom furniture and prepare files for CNC. Often there is a need to create similar parts of furniture but always size is different.

Let’s say we need to create simple cabinet with (length * width * height) = L * W * H. Most efficient way to model such cabinet would be to use previously made custom template of basic cabinet with any size where I could change corresponding parameters in history.
So instead of changing values in histry I would have parameters and formulas.

1 Like

We are working on it, it will be available soon.

4 Likes

Hi @Istvan, any updates on when this feature will become available?

If everything goes well, it should be ready by the end of August.

3 Likes

Hello @Istvan . And what about visual feedback of sketch constrains? Do you have any new info when you will realese this feature?

What do you mean by visual feedback of sketch constraints?

I mean when I create some complicated sketch of some model, so for example in Solidworks I can see what part of sketch is constrained or not. If I do something for my customers, I have to be sure I haven’t left any part of the sketch undimensioned. It’s frustrating for me at the moment because I can’t see where everything is constrained or where I’m missing something

Oh, I see, you mean visual feedback for fully defined sketches, right? It’s scheduled for September/October.

5 Likes

Perfect. Thank you