Création automatique de profils

Please follow the format below to request a feature. The problem that this feature will solve: *Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. The description of your workflow helps us create the right functionality. *
Automatic construction of all curves at the intersection of a worktop and a solid. I used this function a lot in another software, “MicroStation Bentley”

Brief description of the results you expect from this feature:
Would allow us to very quickly build a precise profile of all files built with non-parametric Shapr3D.

“This feature should allow me to edit and create constrained assemblies with more than 100,000 pieces” or “using this feature, I should be able to create continuous G2 lofts and manipulate the shape in real time” or “with this feature, I want to be able to quickly find a part in my designs by searching for its name”. Understanding the results you expect from this feature helps us more than describing a real implementation of the feature you expect. *

**What can’t you achieve without this feature? **
I can’t quickly make profiles that I could then convert into a parametric profile.

*Is it a workflow blocker for you?
It’s not really a blocker, but it could become one, in the face of the huge work that would have to be done.

Is this the reason why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Does this slow you down? *

Yes, it would make me lose working days. Without this feature, we are enormously slowed down.

Maybe I misunderstood you but isn’t projection already do what you’re asking?

No, with my request, we can also retrieve the interior profiles. With the projection, we only recover external profiles.

In addition, with my request, we can generate profiles anywhere or on a solid.

Can you show an example of “interior profile”?

Not like this?

Hello, I tried the projection, but it does not work as I would like. the projection is always done on the axis line of the solid, even if I shift the section plane. I would like the projection to always be done at the level of the intersection of the plane and the solid.

Have you tried to enter in section mode before projecting?

No, that doesn’t work either.

Can you share this model?

Ok, I see the problem now.

to which email address I can send you my model, or have you understood my problem sufficiently.
Kind regards,
Alain

Here is a workaround

I understand thats not exactly what you want, but maybe will help you in your work.

2 Likes

OK thanks. I will apply your solution. It seems quite simple to me to implement.
Kind regards, Alain

1 Like

do you think you could provide an automatic intersection calculation between a plane and a solid?

I’m not a developer of the app so I can’t give you the answer :slight_smile:
Just trying to help people here.

ok, thank you for your help. Good luck for the future.
King regards,
Alain