Dims won't disappear

I’m using version 5.520.6133.0 #743be88d on a Windows PC.

When I’m not in Sketch mode, I’m getting some pesky dimensions that will not turn off. I have attached a screenshot. As soon as I go to Sketch mode, they disappear.

Also, is there a post of known issues that are currently being worked on? I searched the forum before posting this, but a sticky message with known bugs/issues might keep people from reposting the same issue, multiple times.

1 Like

…and it seems to be getting worse as I add more sketches.

…but not when I’m in Sketch mode.

This is actually a brand-new feature in the parametric version that allows you to adjust your driving dimensions quicker, without having to find the right sketch and enter it. All locked dimensions for all sketches that are not hidden are shown in 3D space all the time. We and many of our early testers found it super useful, but I agree, the difference between sketch mode and 3D mode in this regard can be confusing, we need to look into that.

Just to confirm, you do have “Always Show Dimensions” turned off in your Constraint Settings, right? That would explain this behavior:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 08.27.52

If so, do you have a particular reason for setting it up this way? (In earlier releases it was a single setting that turned the visibility of all constraints & dimensions on or off.)

1 Like

Hey Peter…I do run in Sketch mode with both of those settings turned off. I like a really clean screen and to only have constraints and dims shown on objects I’m currently working on.

Any chance that there could be an option to turn the dims off in the 3D space like in Sketch, for us neat freaks?

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve already done that, it should go out in a few days. (But personally I still think stuff is neater with all distances on with the new annotations:))

That’s awesome and we’ll have to agree to disagree on the whole neatness thing :wink:

1 Like