Drawing on a curve

Hello I’m having an issue getting accurate measurement when projecting an image. I have a specific shape and a specific curve to accomplish. I believe that if there could be a function that you could draw on a curve or have the ability to create a curved like plan that you could create a 2D design on. Here is an image that will help you understand what is going on.

Hi @Dragoon6! Drawing on curved faces is not allowed in Shapr3D and in general, it is rarely possible. Do you have any details that you cannot achieve with the Intersect tool?

1 Like

I hope shapr3D can make a new breakthrough, and modeling of curved surfaces is also a new trend at present. Mobile devices have now replaced most pc operation modeling, and it is only a matter of time before they are replaced.

Sure… as soon as an iPad provides 64GB of RAM at the cost of 5 desktop-workstations! :rofl:
To wrap a sketch around a face is no easy-standard-operation - you may have it in one of the industrial-standard software (like SolidWorks) for 8,5 times of the cost per month…
to demand this of a software like Shapr3D at the cost of 30 bucks/month makes me grin! :grin:
Cheers Matt

30 years ago, it was a big transmitter that was ridiculous, 20 years ago, it was a big brick mobile phone, 10 years ago, iPad was just an entertainment tool, and 5 years ago, you couldn’t do modeling on iPad. These are ridiculous.

Thank you KPeter for your time and patience. I have used these tools to do as asked and it is not easy to get a specific curve and diopter. Thanks again.

Here is an example of what I’m talking about. The end become really elongated.