Help: insert text

Hello,
I created an object and wrote text on it. After it is available as a sketch, I can extrude it or deepen it into the object. Since I want to print it out with a 3D printer, the writing should not protrude but be level with the object. Unfortunately I can’t do that. After saving the object as a STEP file, I can see the object in the Bambu Studio but without the writing so that I can change the color of it. Is there a solution for this?

1 Like

Have you tried extruding the text slightly?

Even 0.0001 will create a negligibly thick body which should then show.

1 Like

If you plan to 3D print an object with text, where the text is flush with the surface, I presume it will be printed in a multi-color fashion otherwise the text will not be seen. If multi-color, here’s a way to save an object in STEP with text recessed in the flush surface. The ABC object in this short clip is one STEP file. Does this work for you?

Hello,
yes that’s exactly what it’s about. For 3D printing. But I still don’t understand how the font is inserted as a STEP file.

Subtract the text from the base. My object consists of 4 bodies- a base and 3 letters with the top surfaces flush with the base surface. The letters are not embedded but rather sit in recesses created from the subtraction. This can now exported as one STEP file. A STEP file containing 4 bodies.

1 Like