Invalid body when printing

I’ve imported an STP file, created elsewhere. It imports and displays just fine. When I try to export to 3D print I get “Wxport Warning, There are invalid bodies in the model that cannot be exported”. If I try t continue I get export failed.

How do I identify the invalid bodies?

thanks

Hello, please send us the STP file via support@shapr3d.com, we will investigate the issue and then get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Same problem. So many problem since I use this app. Very annoying

Hi Mario, I got your request via the support channel too and we are looking into the issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi, have you found a solution for this yet, I am getting exactly the same issue

Hello! There were some improvements, but these problems are usually typical of the specific model. Can you please upload it or send the file to support@shapr3d.com?

Identifying invalid bodies can be difficult, let alone locating them in a large or complex model. The easiest way I have found to locate an invalid body is to start by hiding half of the total items in the model then trying to export. If the error does not reoccur, you now know the invalid shape was in the half of items that have been hidden and vice versa. This can be repeated to find the one or more items that contain the invalid shapes. Once you have narrowed down the item the invalid shape is located, you can proceed by using the ‘split body’ tool to cut the item in half. You can then use a similar process of either deleting or hiding half of the shape to identify the region of the item the invalid shape is located. I hope this helps anyone else having export issues!

2 Likes

This reminds me, I fixed my problem with following steps:

1. export my step file out
  2. import step generated by #1 to a new design
  3. Then I check bodies, I found there is one almost invisible, which is located far more away from my design.
  4. delete it.

Hope it helps