Multiple Bodies in one drawing (Change Bodies)

I am currently using the free version. Planning on upgrading to the pro version soon. I did download and use the trial version. I am new to Shapr3d (and still fairly new to 3d design period). I am a hobbyist, I want to use Shapr3d to help design mostly wood-working projects.

Anyway, I would like to create a drawing, but multiple bodies from the modeling portion in the same drawing (say, include a leg diagram, and in the same drawing a stretcher) so I can provide dimensions, notes etc.

I saw this done (believe by the CEO), He was in a drawing and selected “Change Bodies” and it allowed him to bring in another body from his drawing. I looked everywhere for this elusive “Change Bodies”. Is it something that was left out of the trial (I downloaded the beta and tried it too). Is this ability inluded in the PRO version (the 299.00 version)? Is there another version that includes this?

Thank you in advance

You can include multiple bodies in a drawing either by creating a new drawing with all bodies selected that you’d want to include, or by clicking on the base view projection name (“Front”) by default and adjust the bodies included using the “Select reference bodies” option. See this manual entry for details.

And there it is

Thank you Peter - I appreciate it greatly. I kept looking for “Change Bodies” based on the video I viewed.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. Don’t blame yourself: other have had a hard time finding this option so we started thinking about finding ways to make it more discoverable.

Guys - this is very very hard to discover. One option might be when you’re working on an existing page, and you select the entire object, just have Bodies be one of the options on the left side adjacent to Delete, etc. Having it buried under the projection name isn’t immediately obvious.I always get stuck on this for a long time,