Add and Remove objects from drawings

I am reaching out once again to emphasize the importance of this update, at least in my workflow, and I believe it’s vital for others as well. Creating technical drawings of an design can take several weeks, sometimes months. The design often evolves due to client meetings, or changes in design, functionality, or budget constraints. Therefore, I view my technical drawings as evolving works, similar to my 3D models. Currently, the inability to add or remove objects from a drawing means I have to create a new drawing every time there’s a change. This results in losing my entire layout, remarks, and measurements, which is extremely inefficient and feels unprofessional. As a workaround, I use the Shapr3D tool only for creating layouts. Afterwards, I export the PDF to PDF Expert to add measurements and remarks. This method allows me to maintain my layout, remarks, and measurements while occasionally replacing the background layout from Shapr. However, ideally, I would like to - and believe it should be possible to - perform all these tasks directly in Shapr3D.”

1 Like

Hi Sander,

We haven’t forgot about your request. Providing a solution for this is part of our mid-term plans, but it requires some prepration to fit in the bigger picture, so at moment I can’t commit to a deadline.

1 Like

This is a subject that I think really need to be addressed and I have posted my concerns on this before.

When is this big issue going to be addressed hopefully soon.

This is something that I have commented on before, imagine you are creating a assembly and you creates a drawing from that assembly with many bodies and now to need to add more bolts to the assembly there is no way to have them added to the drawing unless you start that drawing views all over. And that would not make sense especially if the drawing views have many dimensions added already. I think there needs to be some sort of update or Regenerate command to update the existing drawings with the new bodies automatically.

Thank you

1 Like

i ALWAYS FACING 2D DRAWINGS MISSING ITEMS AFTER DONE SOE MODIFICATION PARTS/ITEMS IN MY ASSEMBLY DESIGN 3d SHAPR3D. ONE GO BACK TO UPDATED MY 2D DRAWING, SURE THE PARTS THAT I MODIFY OR ADD/REPLACED WILL NOT APPEAR IN MY UPDATE DDRAWING ? HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUES ?