Panametric fan

A friend is restoring an old GE turbo-encabulator so I made him a new panametric fan.

6 Likes

Would love to see that turbo-encabulator… they are very rare!

1 Like

Nice make.
Could you please share lifetime when it breaks? I am trying to find out more statistical data about fatigue of 3D printed models and your model looks like 3D printed right?

WHEN it breaks? Have some faith, brother.

Okay, then. Check back in thirty years or so.

(Anyway, your question depends more on material and design than 3D printing. There are brittle materials, nearly indestructible ones, plus environmental factors that age different plastics differently.)

1 Like

Hi

Thx for feedback. Let me explain motivation behind my request.
3D printed parts do not have isotropic properties. Your fan as well if is 3D printed. Strength of 3D printed part is larger in plane of layers than in between layers in Z.
If you recall fatigue curves for homogenous and isotropic materials you will see nice curve as degradation in lifetime(because it’s isotropic) In case of your fan load is oscillating and there is variable load and your part is not homogenous then fatigue curve will be not so smooth. Of course if you over dimensioned then lifetime will be longer however I don’t believe that all blades have same strength. If blades have different stiffness they will vibrate in different way under load( of course if load is critical) therefore it will introduce argument to think that lifetime will be shorter. That’s why i look for more data. Until i am not convinced I will decline any load on 3D printed parts in my deliverables especially oscillating load.

I hope your fan will work until rusted trough.

Greetings

…

For those of us that have never seen a turboencabulator:

1 Like

OMG….
Google what is tuboencomfabulator and got this.:joy::joy::joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

1 Like

The quintessential video on this critical design element… modern life would not be possible as we know it without it! :rofl:

3 Likes

The “Turboencabulator” is a very serious bit of engineering. Show some respect!

I suppose you don’t believe your muffler bearings need replacing!

Is your blinker fluid full??? Hmm??? I suppose you’ve never had to replace it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GsXhBb10k

1 Like

I don’t need to replace my muffler bearings any longer since I drive an electric! :rofl:

2 Likes

OMG, just watched the blinker fluid video…I’m sure that there are some out there who think this is real! :laughing:

1 Like

Automatic blinker fluid inseminator is next on my Dev list.

A guy could probably sell flavored " NEW Special Formula: Dihydrogen Monoxide Blinker Fluid"

1 Like

Or hydroxic acid or hydrogen hydroxide.

1 Like