Selection order for constraints

Ok, I know I’m doing something wrong, but I have a circle and a line. Circle is exactly where I want it on the drawing. And the line is at the angle I want. I just want to move the line so it’s tangent with the circle.

When I select the circle first then the line and hit tangent constraint, the circle moves. When I select the line first, then the circle, the circle still moves when I apply the tangent.

I drew 3 circles on a 30 degree angle from horizontal. Then drew a line thru the centers. Then copied that line 2 times and moved one copy to each side of the circles. Then tried to establish the tangent constraint.

I don’t think I have any other constraints that would hold the line in place.

TIA for any idea or help

Steve

Hi, when constraining to circles, please note that the center point and the radius should be locked in two different ways. The Lock icon in the toolbar only locks the center point of it, while the radius can be locked in two ways; by defining an exact number or simply locking the radius from the popup numeric keyboard. Please take a look at the video below, I hope it helps:

Ok thanks. Got it. I have a feature request. Order of selection to determine what moves would make it much more intuitive and faster.