Snapmaker quick-change system

I’ve been using the new Snapmaker 2.0 A350 for CNC milling, laser cutting and engraving, and 3D printing, with most of the 3D printing designs being done in Shapr3D. Oh for a one-stop solution where I can design, slice, and print all on the same device—I design in Shapr3D on the iPad, save my .stl files to iCloud Drive and open them on MacOS with the Snapmaker Luban slicer, then send the code over WiFi to the Android-based controller on the Snapmaker. But anyway.

My biggest project so far has been a quick-change toolhead system for the three functions, so I don’t have to unscrew and re-screw four cap-head screws from the back every time I change functions. Also I wanted a place to store the heads not in use, and a suction attachment to capture the dust from CNC milling. This required a lot of precision, because if the mounts are binding then it’s not a quick-release, and if there’s too much play then the precision of the machine is compromised. The precise dimensioning of Shapr3D made this very easy. Fit and function are awesome, and I had no problems with the slicer arguing with me about whether my solid pieces were solid (which was a constant problem with SketchUp).

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 11.50.06 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 11.49.36 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 11.50.54 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 11.52.34 PM

8 Likes

Hi, I am having trouble getting my files to my Snapmaker 2.0 and it looks like you’ve got it sorted, I would love to discuss the process you use in more detail if you don’t mind. I also have shapr 3D on my iPad Pro and would love to be able to transfer files at ease like you do.

I just about had it sorted using the USB Snapmaker provide but when I plugged it back into my PC Windows told me there was an error on the USB that needed attention, I followed the instructions and now the Snapmaker says the files can’t be read.

Thanks
Duane