Sweep 2 from Rhino

I design jewelry professionally, and was really excited to see this software on the iPad. Unfortunately, I noticed there isn’t any more complicated sweep options, which is the bulk of what I need for my designs. Does anyone know of any work arounds?

Would you try to show and example or photo? There have been some amazing items designed using Loft to create jewelry.

I only have a few basic models on hand without my computer at the moment, but i’m talking about ring bands with variable shape/diameter, like this one where the top has a different shape than the bottom of the sweep.

This ring seems ideal for the loft command. Beginning with a small circle at the base, following a path to the larger circle near the top. On one plane, draw the path, then rotate to a perpendicular plane, and draw the base circle. Create a new plane where the larger circle or oval is, then loft from one to another.

2 Likes

Per @McD suggestion, here’s my version. The bottom of the ring is a circular diameter whereas the larger diameter at the top of the ring is an ellipse. The gap is 40°.

2 Likes

Thank you both! This is incredibly helpful!

1 Like