There is no way to edit Transform in history

I rotated a body 90 but i decided i wanted to actually rotate it 180. so i went to the history pane to update the value but there is no option that i can find. This would be super helpful to be able to adjust the transform values in the history viewer

2 Likes

@alexkrush we currently consider Transform as a freeform tool, that gives you a lot of flexibility at the cost of not exposing the internal parameters (which would be rather complicated since the result of rotations and translations depends on the order of execution you either would need to directly set the math parameters or define them in order).

If you would like to have parametric control, you can use a combination of Rotate Around Axis and Translate steps, where you will be able to adjust the parameters precisely. Would these solve your needs in all cases?

Could transform at least offer the option of editing the Freeform move from the history?

If you tap the step itself, you get back the controls in the final position and a visual aid is also displayed to show the original position.

2 Likes