We have great construction planes, how about some construction lines?

With the latest release we cannot delete sketches any more. So is this a good time to request direct modelling construction lines? That can be added & deleted on any face?

shapr3D_rulers

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean my direct modeling construction lines and what would be your use case?

By direct modelling I mean not having to go into Sketch mode. A construction line would be applied to a face a measured distance from an edge.
I just want it as a reference line for something I’m trying to figure out.
I don’t need it to be an undeletable sketch and I don’t need it in the timeline.

Being able to snap to it when I go into sketch mode. Or when I’m using the align tool.
Construction Lines/Guides was a feature I used extensively in SketchUp as they could be added and deleted and were great for visual modelling.

I guess I’m suggesting that construction lines would be a good replacement for small & unnecessary sketches that can’t be deleted and unnecessary steps in the timeline.

Shapr3D already has construction lines, called construction axis. Also you can delete sketches anytime, it’s not going to change anything if you have not used them to create a body. In this case that you showed in the example you can simply select the two parallel edges on the body, and the parallel distance measurement will show up at the bottom of the screen.

Does this solve your problem?