3D Pens

Please provide a detailed description of the issue. Provide as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or screen recordings. For screen recording, we recommend using Loom (loom.com), an easy-to-use screen recording tool that works on Windows, iPadOS, and macOS. Loom videos can be easily embedded on the forum simply by pasting their URL. Topics without detailed information will be automatically closed. For subscription, billing, and licensing-related issues please open a support ticket using the link below. Please contribute to the community with meaningful, high-quality posts, and always use a respectful tone.

https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I have a new Lenovo Yoga 7i Laptop/touchscreen and I’m wondering what kind of 3d pen is supported with Shapr3D. I’ve read that a Wacom Pro Pen 3D is one and a Spacemouse is another. Would any type of Stylus pen work or does it have to be one of these two brands? I’d appreciate any help.

SpaceMouse devices are not styluses or pens: those are specialized devices to support navigating in 3D space. They are usually used together with a regular mouse as a pointing device, though we’ve seen a few users use them together with pen input as well.

When it comes to pen input, there’s no such thing as “3D pen”, though it is sometimes used as a marketing name for pens with more buttons which could be used for view navigation – but if you have a touchscreen, you could use touch gestures in Shapr3D for that. If you want to use the built-in touchscreen of your device, you should use the pen that Lenovo sells for it.

1 Like