3D printing from iPad

At uni, we have a number of Flashforge Creator Pro 3D printers. I can easily create stl files from my iPad on Shapr to be printed. But currently I have to save the STL to my laptop, open the Flashforge app on there and lay it out with the settings etc.

Is there an iPad app that can prepare 3d files to print? It’s frustrating that I can do everything on my iPad except the final step. It would need to save to an SD card.

Unfortunately there isn’t. Reach out to the slicer develoeprs, and ask them for an iPad version:)

1 Like

Here is a list of slicer software. With the browser software you can also create a file on the ipad.

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Check out canvas.io - it’s an online slicer that’s meant to work in tandem with Mosaic Palette. You can upload your Cura/S3D profile and go from there.

You could try something like Octoprint.
I have an Octoprint server setup on a Raspberry Pi. I can either process the file in CURA, then drop them to Octoprint, or just drop them into Octoprint and have that perform the work, such as doing the slicing managing the print etc…

I have also setup a DropBox partition on the Pi, and pointed Octoprint to it, so I can save from Shapr, to Dropbox which syncs to Octoprint. It could easily be adapted to save to an SD Card. Plenty of tutorials and help out there for all this.

All features just run in a Browser. There is even an app for a mobile phone/iPad.

Definately worth exploring.

1 Like

Hi, wie soll man das verstehen, gibt es nun eine Vollversion die Shapr3D komplett auch als Slicer Software einbindet um dann auch direkt einen G_Code zu genieren?

我用的是cura,我在github上向他们提交了这个需求,但是他们拒绝了我

I have a Flashforge Dreamer and just successfully printed an stl sliced with Kiri:Moto on my iPad. It runs in a web page, but stores everything locally so it stays in memory (tip: add a desktop shortcut). Transferred via SD card, works great.

You’ll probably have to create a new machine profile, I just copied Flashforge Guider and changed a few things (bed size and tool number etc.) to get it working. Good luck!

astroprint.com is your new best friend

1 Like

Not free, but looks good.

I’ve used it for free in the past??? Unless they’ve changed something :confused:

My bad. There is a free plan.

However, I signed up and I think this UI is a lot more cumbersome than Kiri:Moto. Slice preview doesn’t work at all (error and no working navigation on iPad). +3 for KM.