5.430 - Countdown: visual refresh

This release focused on just a few bug fixes as we get ready for our upcoming big changes.

• Alongside various bug fixes and improvements, we’ve been preparing all the exciting enhancements for our much-awaited visual refresh.
  • Now you can sign up for the beta version of History-Based Parametric Modeling to try it firsthand before it launches. Visit our 2023 Summer Product Tour to learn more.

The refresh is coming this summer so be sure to stay tuned!

11 Likes

Very exciting!!!

It is not easy to create complex sketches in shapr3D, not to mention imported dwg and dxf. This basic CAD modeling method has not been well optimized, which does not meet the most basic requirements of CAD. I’m worried about whether the concerns about the requirements of the iPad system in the next big version update will further affect the experience of drawing complicated sketches and unpleasant and time-consuming sketches.
Shapr3D gives me the feeling that after creating the innovation of CAD modeling on iPad, I began to spend a lot of time catering to the users on the PC side. This is a good beginning of innovation, which makes many people experience the fun of modeling on the mobile side, and now they begin to cater to PC customers from the center of gravity on the mobile side, even more inclined to the center of gravity on the PC. This change is the beginning of the release of the PC version, which makes the optimization experience on the mobile iPad appear all kinds of unsmooth.
I hope that developers will stick to their initial intentions and give priority to optimizing the iPad.
Thank you for your great innovation, instead of going backwards to the PC side.

1 Like

Yes I totally agree with your comments. Drawing and creating working concepts on the iPad was what attracted me to Shapr3D. Especially using the Apple Pencil. There are plenty of PC CAD options already, keep improving on the iPad experience.

We keep every platform that we support feature par. They even share the same code base.

3 Likes