Ability to create assembly drawing Exploded Views

I am a custom wood and metal fab shop where my products are made of multiple parts that may require a specific assembly process / sequence.
The way we have been doing this for years is by creating assembly sequence sheets with exploded views.
Just like you get when you buy a product from the store that requires owner assembly.

It takes me 3 to 4 times longer to do this with Shapr3D than using Solid Works.

A proposed UI design:
While in Modeling space, enable the user to create a 3d view called Assembly.
When the user is in Assembly View as the active space, they can interact with the 3d space an either have simple exploding tools or start with simple select an drag the solid object to a desired location.

This moving of the objects does not change the assembled design but rather results in a 3D exploded assembly view.

Interactive exploding tools can create a dotted line to represent the relationship of the assembly features .ie pin to hole, edge to slot, face to face, feature to feature.

The user can crate a 2d drawing on this exploded view and annotate the drawing with lines, detailed views, text, part numbering, & a push button parts list table that can be modified by the user as needed.

As you are aware, the ability to create geometry & detailed views is not possible Shapr3D isometric views.

**What can’t you achieve without this feature?
I can not create shop or end customer assembly drawings with Shapr3D.

*Is this a workflow blocker for you? Yes
Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? This is why I can’t use Shapr3D for shop assembly or end customer assembly directions.

Is this slowing you down?* yes not to mention causing me to use other CAD and graphics design systems to do my work.

2 Likes

This feature set is definitely on our radar, but we don’t have an exact timeline for its delivery just yet.

Thank you for your consideration.