Alignment Issues

Im not sure why im struggling so bad with this but here goes. Im good with aligning parts together and dragging points and such. but for the life of me I cant seem to do two things…
First and most important is simply making a item selected drop to the plane. If i move a object up or around and then want it to drop back down to the plane I cannot seem to do that at all other than manually and hoping its right.
Second, i attached a pic showing the KW on the front of the object. I want to drop the KW evenly to the bottom of the object behind it and be centered. If i use align and drag the center dots then it makes the KW laying flat now which I dont want. If i choose just the face it centeres it but does not drop it to the plane.
I just dont understand where the secret is and its driving me nuts!.
Thank You for any help.

Use the translate tool. Before the movment you can draw a circle where you want (face, plane, ect.)to move the object an the “white dots” will snap to the center.
In this case you can detail the place exactly.

1 Like

Hi Emily,

For me, it depends on “why” moving it. If I want to get it out of the way, the easiest is to hide it. But sometimes it needs to stay in view, then I’ll move it an “easy to remember, or easy to figure out later amount” like 100mm or even multiple of that. Or if it is just a real quick look, move it, take measurements (or whatever) and use undo to put it back.

Try selecting the back face of the KW object, then the align tool, then the face you want to put it. Finally, while still in the align tool, you can move it down and it should snap to the bottom (if that is what you mean by “evenly to the bottom”)

With the align tool, you will center to a face. In your case, that face goes to the roof line of your doll house. If that is a problem, you can add a construction plane, split the house, align your logo, then union the split parts back together.

Thank you for the replies. I thunk i got it now. Just seems like alot to do when a simple option like “drop to plane” could be added. Same with aligning two items: Select two items and choose align center, left, right, etc. Doesent seem that complicated to add as most software have this feature.
Thanks

I agree with the lack of options the align tool has and how frustrating it is. At the very least you should be able to align by either two or three points.