Alternative light sources

Curious of the feasibility of adding additional light sources in visualization mode.

The problem that this feature will solve:

This would greatly assist with dark screenshots of interior spaces as the light does not bounce well for confined models (long hallways, small spaces, structures with multiple floors).

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

I imagine it would be a pretty serious endeavor from a programming standpoint, but it would greatly expand the capabilities of using the integrated rendering of shapr. Especially if these light sources could be deployed to mimic light fixtures (adjusting light source size & intensity).

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

Is it difficult to illuminate interior spaces (commercial and residential design) without first removing or hiding walls, floors, ceilings. It sort of works but it is a rather particular compromise.

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?

There are some workarounds as mentioned above, however it is not optimal as some spaces do not accurately translate. It certainly slows down my process and prevents me from providing the level of service I would like.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 Likes