Feature Request - Self-Illuminating Material in Visualizations

Dear Shapr3D Team,

I hope this message finds you well. First of all, I would like to express my appreciation for the incredible work you have done with Shapr3D. It has truly revolutionized the way designers and engineers create and visualize their ideas.

I am writing to request the addition of a self-illuminating material in the visualizations feature of Shapr3D. This functionality would allow users to see the effect of lighting on their product designs, especially in the field of lighting fixture design. Currently, without this feature, users have to export their designs to other software programs to add lighting effects, which can be time-consuming and inefficient.

By including a self-illuminating material option, Shapr3D would greatly enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of both lighting fixture design and interior design projects. Designers would be able to instantly see how their products would look when illuminated, without the need for additional software or time-consuming exports. This would not only save valuable time but also improve the overall design process.

I believe that the addition of this feature would be greatly appreciated by the Shapr3D community and would further solidify Shapr3D as a leading CAD software for designers and engineers. It would be an invaluable tool for anyone involved in the design of lighting fixtures, as well as for those working in the field of interior design.

Thank you for considering my request. I truly believe that the inclusion of a self-illuminating material in the visualizations feature of Shapr3D would be a game-changer for designers and engineers. I look forward to seeing the continued development and improvement of this amazing software.

Best regards,

Liwang

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! Adding emissive materials is on our backlog, but I can’t give you a timeline for it just yet.

3 Likes

I sincerely thank you for your creativity and continuous improvement of your passion.